Overview of Linksys Router Setup
On this website, we will provide as much as information for your Linksys router setup or Linksys range extender setup. To Provide buffer-free internet to Linksys router users is what our motive, on this website. So, take a look what Linksys router do for your home network. For a wifi enabled environment, you need a wifi enabled router. Only having a router is not enough for wifi connectivity, a quality router is a must for it. Linksys is a world-class networking Device Company. It has an impressive track record of manufacturing quality router since years. No doubt, they come with great wifi connectivity but also compromise useful features. Linksys smart wi-fi is such an example. It helps Linksys router user to remotely access Linksys router, by the use of Linksys app.
Important Points Prior Linksys login
- Use a hardwired connection on your computer to the Linksys router to access the web-based setup page of Linksys router. It ensures stable internet connection and reduces the chances to access other Linksys router within user area.
- There is no requirement of cross-over or straight-through cables because Linksys router has auto-sensing capabilities.
- If you have a wireless device for the Linksys router login, make sure it is connected to router wi-fi. Provide power to your Linksys router before Linksys setup.
- When you reach to Linksys router login page, it asks for router password, uses admin as a default router password.
Access Linksys Web-Based Setup Page
- Open a web browser on your wireless device or computer.
- Enter Linksys router setup default IP address 192.168.1.1 and press enter button. If IP address gives an error, use linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar, only for Linksys smart wi-fi router setup.
- Provide default login credentials in Linksys router login page. Use admin as a default password, in given field.
Method of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router Firmware Update
Firmware plays an important role in fixing router issues by itself. It also adds features to your Linksys router time to time. Take a look at the method for updating Firmware.
How to Manually Reset Linksys Smart Wi-fi Router?
Reset your Linksys Smart Wi-fi router, when you forget Linksys router password or wish to reset the Linksys change password.
- Press the physical reset button on your Linksys smart wi-fi router for about 10 seconds. Make sure your device stays on while doing this.
- Here, we want to mention a point, when you reset your Linksys setup, it erases all your previously configured settings.
- Now, open a web browser and enter Linksys login default IP address into browser address bar.
- You can also use web address myrouter.local in place of IP address.
- Go to navigation tab and look for Router Settings and then click the troubleshooting option.
Update Firmware in Linksys Router
- Start with Linksys Smart Wi-fi Login during Linksys router setup.
- Next, go to Router setting Tab and then click on the Connectivity sub-tab.
- Now, click on the Basic tab.
- Click the option Check for Updates under the option of Firmware Update.
Linksys Range Extender
If you regular user of the Internet then you might face the issue of weak or slow internet connection. It is not totally true that every time your router is behind weak signals. Interferences and obstruction around your router also cause weak wifi signals or stops signals to reach to your device. For them, Linksys range extender works best. Linksys range extender main focus is to increase the coverage of your router signals. Secondly, it also eliminates dead zones from your place. Linksys range extender setup is easy just like Linksys router setup. It also requires few simple steps to setup Linksys extender. There is a specific web address for extender which is extender.linksys.com.
Placement of Linksys Range Extender
Placement of your Linksys extender plays an important part in receiving stable wifi signal. So, it is best to place Linksys range extender half-way between the Linksys smart wifi router and the computer. However, ensure your Linksys extender stays within the range of Linksys router setup. Apart from this, try to lessen obstruction nearby your range extender.
How to Install Linksys Range Extender Setup?
- First of all, insert Linksys Range Extender Setup CD into CD drive of your computer. A computer which is already connected to the Linksys smart wi-fi router network. All you need is stay close to the access point, router or access to a networked computer.
- While setting up Linksys range extender, you can move the extender, but it must be within router network.
- Once the Linksys range extender setup utility begins, read terms and license and then click on Next.
- Next, a window will prompt you to plug the Linksys extender into an electrical socket. Now, connect your wifi range extender to AC power outlet, after this, the extender will search for wireless network. On-screen list of the network will get displayed.
- Choose the network that you want to use and then click on Next.
Steps to open the browser-based utility of Linksys Range Extender
- Once you complete the Linksys range extender setup, by the use of setup software, you can start using the extender. Browser-based utility gets used to customize Linksys range extender advanced settings.
- Make use of Ethernet (network) cable for connecting extender to the computer.
- Launch a web browser and provide valid username and password.
- No need to provide anything in the username field. Enter admin as a default password.
- By pressing Ok you get a login to Linksys range extender browser-based utility.
Why Reset Linksys Range Extender?
When you reset Linksys Extender, it restores extender setting to default factory default. So, if you face below-given issues, you can reset the Linksys range extender.
- Intermittent Connections while making use of Linksys range extender setup.
- Can’t access web address extender.linksys.com.
- Receives, again and again, issue while entering http://extender.linksys.com.
- You facing issue while manually setting up Linksys extender.
- Incapable of accessing the web-based setup page of the Linksys range extender.
- LED light on Linksys range extender is not firm or blinking even after the PowerCycle.
Steps to Reset Linksys Extender setup
- You can reset the Linksys extender by two methods.
- First, press the reset button located on the rear of the extender for about 8 seconds. In order to complete the reset process PowerCycle the device.
Reset Range Extender through the Web-Based Setup Page
- Start with accessing the web-based setup page of Linksys range extender, by opening a web browser.
- Next, click administration tab and pick Factory Defaults option. Afterwards, click on the button of Restore Factory Defaults.
- In order to complete the process, plug out range extender and keep it off for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, plug in your range extender once again