How many times we all have noticed the error “The network Connects but there is no internet” but unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix this. It is definitely a confusing and frustrating moment when you are connected to the Wi-Fi but there is no Internet access. There can be many possible reasons for the problem and so many solutions that work in different cases. It might be an issue with the settings of your operating system or the router, but the cause may not always be so apparent.
Here are some tested options that should help you fix the problem and get rid of “The network Connects but there is no internet” error. You cannot fix the problem “Wifi connected but no internet access” in a single click. You will have to try all the methods listed below. Hopefully, one of them will work in your case.
Let’s first identify, whether it is an issue with the router or your PC. For this, you have to connect other devices like your mobile phone to the Wi-Fi and see if it works. If all the devices run into same disconnection problem after connecting to the wifi, then it is likely an issue with your wireless router, modem, or ISP. On the other hand, if the Internet works fine on other devices, then the problem is with your PC and its wifi adapter.
Try the troubleshooting tips that we suggest in this section and hopefully you would be able to fix the “Wifi connected but no internet access” error:
- Restart the devices:
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix many software and network issues. If your router and modem are separate, restart both.
- First of all, power off both of them.
- Leave the modem and router off for at least 30 seconds.
- Next, turn on the modem and one minute later turn on the router.
- Wait for a few minutes and check.
- You should restart the PC also.
Once all the devices are reset, try connecting to the wifi again.
- Check the Modem Lights:
There could be a problem with your Internet connection instead of the wifi router. To confirm this, you have to make sure that the Internet lights on the router are working fine. Normally, the power and DSL lights should be turned on. If you see flickering lights then contact your ISP and ask them to fix the “Wifi connected but no internet access” error.
- Use Built-in Troubleshooter:
If your other devices are able to connect to the Wi-Fi, then the problem lies within your device and its Wi-Fi adapter. You can fix this by using the built-in troubleshooter program that comes with the PC.
- To start the process, Right-click on the “Network” icon in the taskbar. Click on “troubleshoot problems”
- Your device will automatically diagnose the problem and try to fix it.
- In case, your PC cannot fix the problem, it will at least tell you what the problem is.
- You can ask the technical experts to fix the problem by dialing our toll-free no.
- Reset Wi-Fi Router:
- If you are still dealing with the error “The network Connects but there is no internet” then you should try to reset the wifi router.
- For this, press and hold the Reset button which is placed on your router’s back for at least 10 seconds.
- After reset, turn ON the device and try to set up your router once again.
We hope by following the above steps you can fix the problem. If all the following steps do not resolve the “The network Connects but there is no internet” issue, you can call the experts who have years of experience and resolve your issues fast. For further assistance, simply call us on our toll-free number or chat live with us.