Linksys Extender Setup
Have you ever wondered why there are few areas at your home or office that lack wifi signals? Why wifi signals get disappeared after some time and come back later? For some reasons, your wi-fi may not reach properly to your devices. You are not the only one which is struggling with enough wifi signals. So, when your router fails to improve the internet connection, you can try using Linksys extenders. Linksys is quite a famous brand name that manufactures high-quality Router and Extender. When it comes to weak wifi signals, your router might lack in providing enough wifi signals. In that case, Linksys extenders can boost your wireless network & eliminate dead zones from the home network. In this page, we will learn more about Linksys extender setup. Apart from this, we also guide Linksys users regarding step by step guidelines for extender installation. In case, you face any type of issue, feel free to contact us anytime. Let’s take a look at the working style of Linksys Extender.
How Does Linksys Extender Work For Your Home Network?
Linksys range extender repeats the wi-fi signals of your router and later expand it to a larger extent. Linksys Extender works like a bridge. It takes wifi from the router and broadcast it to the area where wifi is weak or doesn’t exist. So, always keeps an eye on your device setting while using Linksys extender setup. As your Wi-Fi device stay associated with your router until you manually get into extender network, even if it is closer to your device rather than your router. Although, Linksys has brought few amazing devices like Linksys RE7000 that by default switches between the networks without manual settings.
Linksys Extender Setup
Initial Linksys Extender Setup is quite easy. You don’t require any special efforts for setting up your Linksys extender. You can use your Linksys extender in two ways. First, use it as a wireless range extender and as a wired range extender known as an access point. As you know extender repeats the current wi-fi signals, with an access point (wired range extender) can generate new wi-fi hotspot. All you need is connect it to the access point or a router via Ethernet Cable. Both the set-up needs a router with an active internet connection. So, before you begin Linksys Extender Setup ensure how you want to use an extender? You want to use it as a wired range extender (access point) or wireless range extender?
Where to Place Your Linksys Extender?
Placement of your extender is important as it provides stable wifi signals. The best place to place your Linksys extender is midway between the router and the devices you wish to connect. Ensure you don’t put router too close to the extender, otherwise, router can’t broadcast the signals or extender won’t work. Time to time try to experiment with the placement of the extender to get the best connection. One more point to keep in mind, Extender just like router gets affected by the interferences. So, make sure you place extender at a place with least obstacles. Your Linksys extender comes with Spot Finder technology, which can direct actual positioning of the extender. This app can be downloaded in any smartphone.
Steps for Wired Linksys Extender Setup as an Access Point
Prerequisite Prior Setting up Linksys Extender as an Access Point
- A router with an active internet connection.
- An Ethernet cable long enough to connect Linksys router with Linksys extender.
- Plug the Linksys range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait until indicator light changes its color to amber in color.
- Now make use of an Ethernet cable to attach your Linksys extender to the router LAN port.
- Next, get connected to the Linksys extender setup network.
- The last three character of your Linksys extender setup network is Extender Mac address.
- For completion of Linksys extender setup, type IP address http://192.168.1.1 or web address http://extender.linksys.com into browser address bar.
- You have to choose the option As a wired range extender (access point) when Linksys Extender Setup asks you.
- To generate a network name & password for the access point make sure you follow the on-screen instructions.
- After this, connect your devices to the extender network, which you just created.